Director Job Openings
St. Luke's United Methodist Church is a large, fast-growing church with multiple campuses and a significant outreach to the community. Our Child Development Center has expanded into three locations because of the high demand of excellence that we strive for while enriching our children as they grow.
Our mission at St. Luke's is to share God's love and bring hope to the world. We accomplish that by sharing the message of Christ, growing in our faith, and serving the community. We are seeking individuals who have a love for God and a passion for working with children.
We currently have a position available for Assistant Director at our St. Luke’s downtown location. This is a great opportunity for individuals with degrees in Early Childhood Development, Elementary Education, and/or Business.
The Assistant Director has overall responsibility for operation of the Center and ensures that the Center is operated in accordance with company and state licensing standards and operating procedures to provide an educational, caring, and safe environment for the children and parents, to promote the positive image in the building.
- Manages the center in conformance with all state/local regulations.
- Effectively resolves problems related to the management of the center or seeks appropriate assistance of the center in the community, and to achieve profitability for the company.
- Maintains administrative records for the center.
- Ensures implementation of developmental program guidelines in each classroom.
- Maintains appropriate and required records on staff, assists in lesson planning,.
- Keeps fully apprised of all activities in the center.
- Represents the interests of the center.
- Assists in planning an annual budget and manages the operational budget.
- Ensures that classroom equipment is maintained in good repair. Replaces any broken items and contracts for needed repairs.
- Ensures accuracy and timely collection of accounts receivable.
- Recruits and trains staff to maintain proper staff/child ratios.
- Ensures that each staff member receives and understands her/his job description, policies and procedures, and other orientation information and materials.
- Maintains personnel records as required and ensures confidentiality. (Health records must be kept in a separate confidential file)
- Ensures that up-to-date records of each child are maintained.
- Coaches, counsels and conducts performance reviews for all staff appropriately and on time.
- Maximize the center capacity while still maintaining all requirements of center’s operations.
- Conducts interview of parents and child before enrolling.
- Ensures the parents of enrolled children complete all necessary forms. Plans and conducts orientation for newly enrolled parents.
- Is visible and available to parents at their convenience to listen and take appropriate action on their concerns.
- Keeps parents informed of their child’s progress and center activities.
- Maintains effective communications between center staff and parents.
- Conducts parent meetings and conferences as requested.
- Regularly solicits feedback from parents in order to make improvements in the center.
Safety and Health:
- Conducts training of staff in all center safety rules and regulations with staff and for the safety of children and parents.
- Maintains up-to-date health records for both staff and children.
- Maintains up-to-date new hire reports.
- Enforces staff habits that result in clean and healthy care of children, including universal precautions.
- Maintains a clean environment by providing for scheduled cleaning of the center and through frequent visual checks.
- Informs parents whenever there have been children exposed to communicable disease.
- Ensures that someone with first aid training and/or CPR training is always present at the center per state requirements.
- Has emergency telephone numbers and an emergency plan, conducts emergency drills.
- Maintains building, equipment and grounds to ensure a safe environment meeting safety standards, through daily safety checks.
- Must have degree pertaining to child care and/or business
- Must have 3+ years of management experience in a child care setting
- Must be able to lift 25lbs or more
- Must pass extensive background as well as provide 3 professional references
- Full-Time Salaried position: $26,000K - $28,000K (negotiable, commensurate with experience)
- Hours of Facility Operation: 6am - 6pm
- Position Hours: M, W, F – 10am – 6pm and T, Th – 7am – 4pm
- Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and Pension Plan
- Vacation and Sick Time Available
To be considered for this position, please apply online at http://jobs.stlukesokc.org/